Monday, June 22, 2009

A Decade of Ups, Downs, but most of all Love

Henes Park, MI watercolor in moleskine



Paine Art Center gardens





I met the love of my life 10 years ago...it was so very lucky that I let myself love him, after being in a terrible marriage many years before. He was my "one more chance". We came together with similar passions--his photography, mine painting. But we both loved the outdoors and nature. He came from background of Boy Scouts and camping, hunting and fishing. I came from the background of loving the beauty of nature and trying to reflect it in my art and life.

For our anniversary last weekend, we spent the weekend doing the things we loved. He took me to the Paine Art Center in Oshkosh, WI for a photography exhibit as well as to see the beautiful gardens. Our first year, he gave me a dozen roses....this year, he gave me acres of flowers! Here are a few pictures of the beautiful grounds.

I wanted to paint...had my watercolors with me, but we didn't have much time, for they closed at 4pm...but I took HUNDREDS of pictures..and want to go back to paint en plein aire!

The next day we went to a local park, doing what we started out doing...going out to find beautiful places, and he explored with his camera, and I with my paints. He took me to Henes Park in Menominee, MI--the UP close to our county and right on Lake MI. We saw pelicans and many birds either nesting or fledging their young. I painted three little sketches that day.

It was a great weekend! Happy Anniversary Baby!

3 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL anniversary!! It looks and sounds like a beautiful place.

iva yaneva said...

wow, this place looks amazing! so peaceful and beautiful! :)

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, my daughter lives in Oshkosh and I LOVE going there and have even painted a few things from their glorious flowers.

Wonderful love story-happy anniversary.